Abe Lincoln Miata Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Abe Lincoln Miata Club

Welcome to the Abe Lincoln Miata Club Forums

Abe Lincoln Miata Club HomeAbe Lincoln Miata Club Home  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  

2007 Cruises

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jeff

2007 Cruises Empty
PostSubject: 2007 Cruises   2007 Cruises Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2006 4:39 pm

Hi Everybody.

I have some ideas about cruises in the coming year that we can discuss at the October meeting. Among them are a ride on the Great River Road (for us retirees) and maybe a weekend trip to Mackinaw Island. A day trip - or overnight to some of the IL State Parks like http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.asp?trailid=XGP203-001 or maybe even Southern IL. I would like to see if we can join up with the St Louis Club for one of their drives.
Back to top Go down
jeff

2007 Cruises Empty
PostSubject: 2007 Cruises   2007 Cruises Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2006 12:02 pm

Found a few more we need leaders for: Ogle County which staddles the forested cliffs of the rock river staying at the White Pines Inn which is in the White Pines Forest State Park.

Grafton where the Illinois meets the Mississippi staying at the Pere Marquette State Park Lodge.

Finally the Ohio River Valley in the Cedar Hill River Resort near the Garden of the Gods.

These could be overnight trips or even day trips.
Back to top Go down
Cyndy
Admin
Cyndy

Number of posts : 33
Year/Color Miata : 2008 Copper Red PRHT
Registration date : 2006-09-19

2007 Cruises Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007 Cruises   2007 Cruises Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2006 10:04 am

jeff wrote:
Found a few more we need leaders for: Ogle County which staddles the forested cliffs of the rock river staying at the White Pines Inn which is in the White Pines Forest State Park.

Grafton where the Illinois meets the Mississippi staying at the Pere Marquette State Park Lodge.

Finally the Ohio River Valley in the Cedar Hill River Resort near the Garden of the Gods.

These could be overnight trips or even day trips.

I have been to the White Pines Dude Ranch but not the Inn. It was a nice place if you like horses.

Grafton is always nice. We went just last week and went to Eckert Farms and picked apples. There is a "winery" in Grafton, they don't make their wine but it's a nice place way up on a hill. Was a great view but the last time we were there a hotel was going up so it may have blocked the view.
Aeries Winery
Back to top Go down
http://zazzle.com/showmewrappers
jeff

2007 Cruises Empty
PostSubject: Great River Road   2007 Cruises Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2006 10:34 pm

Another cruise Dan and I are thinking of taking is the Great River Road here in Illinois somewhere around the 2nd week in October 2007. We will leave mid-week and perhaps anyone that can join us can meet up Saturday and drive to Galena for dinner before the drive back Sunday.

Any comments?
Back to top Go down
Cyndy
Admin
Cyndy

Number of posts : 33
Year/Color Miata : 2008 Copper Red PRHT
Registration date : 2006-09-19

2007 Cruises Empty
PostSubject: re: cruises 2007   2007 Cruises Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2006 1:23 pm

I think it would be good to have a year planned out, with some spontaneous cruises thrown in for some fun. We have discussed hosting something around here, we have some good Miata roads.
Back to top Go down
http://zazzle.com/showmewrappers
Sponsored content

2007 Cruises Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007 Cruises   2007 Cruises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2007 Cruises
Page 1 of 1